Terms and Conditions
- Entries are restricted to branded or private label.
- Private label products may be entered by retailers' manufacturers.
- Products entered must be for human consumption.
- Products must be available to buy in store or online to ROI and / or NI consumers by 26th October 2017. Products still in the development stage are not eligible, except seasonal items such as Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day etc.
- For the Fresh Produce category only, products must be on sale in Irish outlets at any time during 2016 or 2017.
- Products submitted must have been made according to standard production procedures and in no way different to those sold to the public. Pre-production samples are not eligible.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per company. Any product on sale is eligible for entry. Entries must be accompanied by an online entry form and competition entry or purchase order number must be enclosed, otherwise the entry will not be accepted.
- Only specific products, not ranges, will be accepted as entries.
- Entrants will be asked to submit tasting samples, a full description of the product and its market.
- Details of where and how to send samples will be provided on receipt of entry.
- All samples must be received by the deadline specified or the product will forfeit its entry into the competition.
- Products previously entered into the Irish Quality Food & Drink Awards are eligible for re-entry. Entry is not restricted to new products.
- The organisers undertake to prepare products for tasting according to the printed instructions on the packs in which the products are sold, by a team of home economists.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice.
- The company reserves the right to accept or reject entries.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and it will not enter into any correspondence.
- It is a condition of entry that all entrants will be bound by these rules.
- No entry cancellations will be accepted or refunded after 3 June 2017.
- Any pack photo submitted as part of the entry process may be used by Metropolis Business Media for marketing purposes.
- Small producer criteria: any business with fewer than 10 staff and annual sales no greater than €1 million is eligible for the small producer fee.
Price includes drinks reception, three-course dinner, table wine, entertainment and awards presentation.
Payment must be received before the event.
The organisers reserve the right to alter the content and timings of the programme
Cancellations: You are welcome to substitute any guest(s) at any time. There will be no refunds on any cancellations received after 26 September 2017.
Any changes to guests' names must be submitted in writing. Please note that 72 hours prior to the event, names of guests cannot be changed.
VAT rate is 23% but may be subject to change without prior notice.
Social Media - Re-tweet for Irish Quality Food & Drink Awards Competition
1. To enter the prize draw users must have an active Twitter account, follow @IrishQFAs and re-tweet (RT) our original competition message on their own Twitter account during the competition period.
2. Only @IrishQFAs followers will be entered in the draw.
3. Only one entry per Twitter username per day will be entered in the draw.
4. This competition is open to ROI and NI residents only and the prize must be dispatched to a ROI or NI postal address.
5. All entrants must be 18 years old or over.
6. The winner will be chosen at random from among the qualifying entries after the closing date and time.
7. There are no cash alternatives to the prize offered. The promoter reserves the right to alter the prize at any time.
8. The Twitter username of the winner may appear on the @IrishQFAs Twitter feed.
9. The winner will be notified via Twitter shortly after the closing date/time.
10. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
BROCHURE » BLOGGER OF THE YEAR
Countdown to close of entries